COVID – 19
Update 13 March 2020
We have been following advice shared by the Department for Education and Public Health England as the threat of COVID – 19 virus continues to evolve. It is important that all schools respond appropriately and act as advised by the experts.
To date we have communicated with the children daily around key actions – these have been aimed at ensuring the basic safety of children and staff at Forest View.
I ask parents to support our Academy by following the actions below:
- All children should attend school as normal unless they are experiencing a mild fever or continuous cough.
- Children with a high temperature and continuous cough must self-isolate for 7 days.
- The government have advised that you no longer need to call NHS 111. They will not be testing people who are self-isolating with mild symptoms.
- Do not go to the GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- Any family that suspects they have come into contact with a person infected with COVID – 19 must report this to school via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- All families must continue to follow the positive hygiene guidance http://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
- Communicate any travel concerns / plans with the school e.g. return from a foreign country.
Although the government made the decision yesterday to keep schools open for now, we are aware that there may be a possibility of school closure at some point in the future. Should this be the case then learning will continue remotely via TT Rockstars, Purple Mash and Teams. A reminder for how to access these will be communicated to parents if we need to use them.
Can I take this opportunity to reassure parents that we are taking all recommended precautions with regard to the virus and hope that you will support us to ensure our Academy is kept as safe as possible.
Mrs R Harrison